If there is a concern about the welfare of a child, school staff will report this to the Designated Person for Safeguarding.
This may result in a referral to Children and Family Services. If a child makes a disclosure about physical or sexual abuse, our duty of care will always be to the child.
We have measures in place to protect our pupils in school including:
- All visitors to school must report to the school office, sign in and display their visitor badge
- Children’s entrances are kept locked during lesson times
- Risk assessments take place for activities that take place both in and out of the school
- Regular Health and Safety checks and Fire Risk assessments carried out
- All staff receive safeguarding training which is renewed at regular intervals