What is the Primary School PE and Sport Premium?
Since 2013-14 the government has allocated extra funding to all primary schools to improve Physical Education (PE) and Sport to develop pupils’ healthy lifestyles. This will continue in the 2022-23 financial year.
What should it be used for?
Schools may choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- improvement sport culture and opportunities for lunchtime by developing lunchtime activities
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the ‘School Games’
- run sports activities with other schools
Please see below for our school strategy and reports
Sports Premium Strategy Report 2021-22
Sports Premium Strategy 2021-22